21 - Getting Support
An explanation of support at Tenon [02:22]
- In the previous video, we talked about how to contact us. Let's talk about support specifically.
- I'm going to scroll down to the link that says Support. That takes us to the support request page if you're logged in. If you're not logged in, it's going to ask you to log in first.
- A couple of things to keep in mind, support hours are 9:00 to 5:00 US Eastern Time. If you don't want to fill out the form, you can just email support at Tenon.io. The form goes the same place, so it's fine either way.
- Generally speaking, we try to respond as quickly as possible to support requests. That depends on the nature of the request and whether we need to do any specific background checking of whatever your issue is, and so on.
- We gladly accept bug reports, feature requests, all sort of stuff through this thing. We want to hear from you.
- If you're planning on issuing a support request for a bug, we would like it very much if you would ensure that that issue report is clear. There's a blog post here, on my personal blog, "How to ensure your Issue Report is Successful."
- We're going to want a couple of things here. We're going to want a summary of the issue specific to whatever the problem is, a description of the issue, and specifically what we're really looking for, too, are steps to reproduce. We want to know how to reproduce the issue.
- The reason why we want to know this, and the reason why we want all of that detailed information, is that's going to help us to replicate the issue on our end, verify it's an issue and of course, come up with a plan to fix that and maybe possible recommendations for a workaround for you.
- There you have it, support requests. Definitely, definitely get in touch with us with any problems that you may be having. Thank you.